Installation of the Cupula for the 1886 Hidalgo County Court House has begun. The restoration consists of restoration of the second-floor structure, second floor walls and the cupula. The support of the cupula needed to be supported without any interior support that would reduce the open space of the rebuilt second floor. A steel truss system was designed to span the clear span and supported on the exterior walls.
Leave a Reply